Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Duke


Well we bit the bullet and adopted a new dog, Duke.  He's approximately 3-years old, a Dachsund/Chihauhau/Manchester Terrier mix and a little love bug.  He sleeps between Larry and I each night in bed, and plays with Joey every day.  So far, so good.  Joey can tend to get a little jealous when Duke's around me, which is all the time since I've become his "person", so it can be a challenge.  We've tried to emphasize that Duke is his dog to lessen the jealousy factor some... only time will tell if our ploy has worked.

My sister found him for us.  One of her elderly clients passed away suddenly and the family didn't know what to do with the dog.  One minute we were getting him, the next we weren't as another family member stepped up, then a week later Crystal called to say it wasn't going to work out with the family member, and that evening we had a dog.  So now our house is feeling more like a home cause again we have a dog in it.  I still miss Bubba daily, but Duke has already won me over with his charm.

No comments: