Monday, April 26, 2010

Time is slipping by so fast

Been a while since I last blogged and since then we've celebrated Easter, been on quite a few park play dates, and celebrated four birthdays... luckily they were combined in one party.  It was a lot of fun, 60's themed, all peace and love and lots of bubbles for the kids (and us adults if we're being honest).

I've been just too run down to feel much like doing anything, even typing.  I'm trying to switch that up and get more active; just bought a beachcomber bicycle and am hoping to work myself up to nice meandering rides along the paved bike trail that's out here in Rancho Murieta and that runs along the river.  Larry, Joe and I are starting to do family days in the park on Sunday afternoons.  This past Sunday was our first and we took a kite, bubbles and big wands, some chalk and had a blast.  By the time we wound up our day, we had over a dozen kids blowing bubbles with us and taking turns flying the kite.  It was one of the best days ever.

Larry's taken the cover off the pool, and our pool guy has begun to get it back under normal levels.  In a couple of weeks we'll put the solar cover on and heat it up so we can begin swimming in it.  I know mom, Joey and Larry are looking really forward to that.  I'm looking forward to it too, but don't use it as much as them since I like it to be at least 80 degrees.  Plus I'm looking forward to all the BBQ's we have with family and friends during the nicer weather, the fresh corn from Sloughouse, and all the other fresh produce that comes out of Davis Ranch just down the road from us.

No comments: