Sunday, July 25, 2010

All we have is today

That's how I'm feeling today.  What's past is past and we are not guaranteed tomorrow so we should make the most of today since it is the only thing we truly have. Over the past few days my family has been blindsighted by the death of Jeff's brother Curt.  Don't ask me what happened, or where we all went wrong, it's still just a ball of confusion that's all knotted up.

Curt was an easy going guy, very easy to like.  He could eat so much food you wouldn't begin to believe how much unless you saw it for yourself.  Yes he was like all the Atkinson boys/men when it came to food.  He was polite, especially to my mom and always trying to be helpful.  His life hadn't been easy and wasn't getting any easier, but he was trying and I think that's all you can ask of any man.

My cousin, CJ, is in the middle of all the mess surrounding his Dad's death and I'm not sure any of us will ever know the real truth.  What is it they say... "There's your side, my side, and the real truth".  All I know is CJ is hurting, and we are hurting with and for him.

Our family is sad and our hearts ache for Jeff and Crystal's loss, and for CJ's trouble, and that Curt was robbed of his future whatever that may have been.  I can only hope that some good will come out of this loss and that my families hearts will heal, if not today then tomorrow or the day after.

Curt wherever you are I hope you are finally at peace, having a great meal with people that you love and who love you right back.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thank you Malana! Beautifully said. Jeff thought it was beautiful too. I love you and thanks for always being there for me!!