Thursday, July 15, 2010

Firsts

We've had quite a few firsts today.  Started trying to potty train Joey today, so far two accidents and one success. He ran out and told me, "I peed in the toilet - YIPPEE I get to go to school". I'm probably the only mom in the universe who bribes her kid with getting to go to school as soon as he's toilet trained (lol).  I've tried a couple of times in the past but in all honesty it was a half hearted effort.  Today I decided this is just it and am having him be naked until he gets the concept down even if it takes the next few days.  I'm bribing him with organic lollipops when he's successful and the goal of going to school when he gets to be a big boy and can go potty all by himself.

He also made his own sandwich for lunch today.  I put some turkey, a slice of cheese, two pieces of bread on a cutting board and together we spread the Miracle Whip, then he took over putting on the turkey and cheese and then putting a lid on it (the 2nd piece of bread).  I cut it in half for him and he is now chowing down.  Maybe this is the secret to getting him to eat... let him make his own meals.

I can't believe how fast he's growing up, becoming so independent.  Dressing takes a lot longer now because he wants to do it himself, and can't really figure it out, and so what should take a minute or two at most takes more like 15 until he finally asks for some help.  I don't know how the mom's who have several children ever get anything done... I bow down to their mastery.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Thank you for being the best mom to my favorite Grandson.