Friday, September 3, 2010

Color My Patio Fun

The other day we had a play date for my mom's group at my good friend Sam's... no small thing considering she's 36 weeks pregnant and has been on restriced movement for 16 of those weeks.  We had about 9 mom's in all and about 16 kids.

We tried a new painting technique (cornstarch, water, food coloring) that didn't work quite as well as we hoped but the kids still gave it their best shot.  They also got to play on the playground equipment in her backyard and run through the sprinklers.  It was about a gazillion degrees outside, or maybe I just felt like it was thanks to my hot flashes.  We were there from 9 to 1, and then everyone but me went home and I hung out with Sam til 4:30.

I tried to be helpful and fixed everyone sandwiches for lunch.  Sam has two kids, Gracie who's 4 and Ethan who's 2.  After lunch we put Ethan down, and then Gracie and Joe read books together and watched a video and then headed back outside to play some more.  I wish I had there energy.

I tried to get Sam to lay down but she refused and instead stayed up and we chatted.  She's one of the nicest women I know and just really down to earth.  I feel blessed to have her, and her family, in my life.

When it was time for us to go Joey didn't want to leave.  He kept telling me he just wanted to stay at Sam's and play with Gracie until it was dark.  They are so cute together.  Gracie is like a little mom, telling the boys what to do and what they can and can't play with... but in a nice way.

All in all we had a great time.

No comments: