Thursday, December 30, 2010

Larry's Birthday Bash

Well it's another year past and another year older for my hubby and of course he had to have a party too (lol).  This year he selected Dave & Busters for dinner and fun.  We celebrated with his family as well as our very good friends, Paul and Jackie.  There were so many of us that we had to take over one super long table and a big round one.  We all had some pretty delicious eats and drinks and then lost our shirts playing arcade games.  Joey had a blast playing shoot em' up games with his daddy and Uncle Chuck.  And Joey kicked my behind in a motorcycle race... I kept crashing into the walls.  I guess the deck is going to be stacked against me on this one and he'll be riding along side his daddy in no time at all.

We went in and put in our table request at 7:30 and didn't get seated until almost 9:00.  They don't take reservations at D&B's unless you have a party of 20 or more and then you have a preset buffet to choose from which is not what we wanted, so we waited and waited and waited but in the long run it was worth it.  Larry's parents and sister only stayed for dinner as they rode on over together and Elsa needed to get home and into bed.  Mary was sweet and offered to take Joey home with them but Larry said he really wanted Joey to stay and celebrate with him and so he did.  Chuck, Kelli, Jackie, Paul, Larry, Joey and I stayed until about 1:30 and I must admit I enjoyed myself a lot which I didn't think I would.  For me though the joy came in watching everyone enjoying themselves, though I did have fun playing the games with Joey.  He loved everything about the place just like his Daddy does, but then again Larry is just a big ol' kid himself.

So another birthday celebrated and I'm sure another one be planned for next year at least in Larry's mind.  Who knows, maybe next year I'll get the birthday fever and plan a big ol' party for myself.

No comments: