Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter Joys


Larry, Joey and I decided one fine sunny day to head on up the hill for a little fun in the snow.  We each got bundled up and into the truck and began our journey.  This year I got smarter and packed a 2nd set of clothes for each of us "just in case".  We drove just north of Pollock Pines and found a great place to play.

We started off with a few sled runs down the BIG hill, a little scary at first, but more fun with each run.  Then we progressed to the action portion of our day with a snowball fight or two.  Joey wasn't so great at making them, but he was a champ when it came to throwing them.  I'd build him up an arsenal so that we could "get" Daddy only to have my little guy do sneak attacks on me, his loving Mommy.  I know that's hard for some of you to believe but its the truth (lol).


When we tired of our fight (or at least when Daddy and I got tired) we moved on to building a new friend for Joe.  We lucked in to finding a couple of already rolled snowballs that we just had to add on to and before you know it had the body of our snowman put together.  Then Larry and Joey rolled the last one out together for his head and got him assembled.  We went hunting for items we could use for his facial features and arms and before you could say winter wonderland we had ourselves our very own frosty the snowman.  Note to self for next year... bring a carrot, some buttons, raisins, and outerwear to finish off the finer points of Frosty.  Larry and I even managed to get a photo of us taken with Frosty by Joey himself.  He's becoming quite the little photographer thanks to his birthday present of a camera from his Uncle Chuck and Aunt Kelli.

Before we left we decided to take a couple of more sledding runs but on the smaller hill this time.  We huffed and puffed our way up and laughed our way all the way down.  When we got back to the car we stripped out of our outer layers and discovered the boys had stayed fairly dry while I somehow had gotten soaked all the way through so I headed in to the ladies room to get on my dry clothes and then we were on our way again towards home with a quick stop at Carls Junior for a late lunch.

It was an awesome day and I'm already looking forward to repeating this tradition next year.

No comments: