Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Jingle Bells....


Well up on the roof their arose such a clatter... seriously I'm glad Santa didn't come to our house this year because if he had there would have been no room under our tree for his gifts. I think we may have went a little overboard with gifts, books, and games for Joe this year. Not to mention clothes. And do you know what his favorite thing was??? The gift wrap paper. I guess the joke is on me. Next year I'll just buy him a few rolls of paper.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve here at the house with all of my family plus Larry's parents, Uncle Brian and his sister Mary and her family. Plus a special appearance by my wonderful niece, Sarah and my great-niece Grace. Sarah, Grace and Joe made a wonderful gingerbread house for Grace's mom, Beth.

We all had a few appetizers, and then a dinner of roast beef, roast pork, roasted carrots, and roast potatoes. And some very overdone broccoli - Yuck! All in all it was very nice.

The next morning we awoke and opened our gifts and then headed over to Larry's folks for Christmas brunch. Grammi and Pop-pop put on a very good spread and as usual went way over our $20 gift limit. Oh well, how are we supposed to control the parents I ask ya.

We really missed seeing Santa this year - (hint hint Pop Pop) and hope he'll make an appearance next year.

All in all we had wondeful holiday celebrations and enjoyed spending the time with all our family.

1 comment:

Lenar said...

Looks like you had an awesome Christmas. Tell everyone there Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from all of us here in Ohio.
Cousin Ranel