Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Eve a BUST

Well Larry and I had big plans to attend a Mardi Gras party on New Years Eve, but fate intervened. Joe started getting sick on the 30th and by the 31st we both had it. Larry, being the good husband, didn't even put up a fuss when I said I wasn't up to going out, and plus I didn't feel right about even considering it when Joe was so out of sorts. New Years Eve is one of our "Anniversaries" since that is when we had our official "1st Date", so we always try to do something special. Even being sick we tried this year.

Larry borrowed some DVD's from his sister and even watched a chick flick with me - Mamma Mia. Then Joe and I were both pretty much down for the count by 7:30. Pathetic isn't it.

Me being the good wife, encouraged him to go share a beer with our brother-in-law who lives just down the road and so he went and hung out for about an hour or so. It didn't interfere with their plans either as Mary is exhausted as I, trying to get Elsa on sleeping pattern, and so she hit the hay early too.

Even though it was low key, it turned out fine. And the most important thing was that we spent it together.

No comments: