Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Water Boy

Daddy took Joey in the big pool with him last night and Joey did just awesome.  He had a life vest on, but he insisted on swimming by himself from one end to the other.  He did the dog paddle and used his legs to kick.  He maneuvered pretty well, only getting a few mouthfuls of water.  The pool was only 74 so it was kind of cold, at least it felt cold to me, but he didn't seem to care at all.

We kept asking him if he wanted to get out and these were some of his responses:

"I'm enjoying being in the big pool"

"No, I like swimming"

"NOOOOO"

When we asked him if he was getting cold, we got the same exact response.  After a while I made him get out cause you could see him physically shaking.  Had to make Daddy get out too, just to be fair.  They looked so cute in the pool swimming together.  Can't wait til it gets a little warmer so that I can join them in the fun.  I'm sure Grandma feels the same way.

No comments: