Monday, May 31, 2010

Crystal's Spa Boutique

My sister finally got back posession of her dog grooming shop in Pollock Pines albeit without any of the furnishings.  The lady who had been buying the business - Sherone,  defaulted on everything including paying her rent to the property owner and got evicted this past Tuesday after much back and forth and a couple of trips to through the court system.  She opened up shop directly across the street with all of Crystal's equipment plus all the personal stuff that my sister had put into the shop such as photo's and plants and such.

I have to give credit to my sister because she has taken the high road throughout the whole process doing everything by the book while I'm sure deep down she'd just have liked to beat the snot out of Sherone.  I know I would have.

She, Jeff and Jeff's nephew Earl went up on Saturday and tore out all the bad water board around the tubs and the rotten steps and then spend the rest of the day installing new water board while Crystal began cleaning the shop.  It was a filthy mess.  We were going to have a painting party but she decided to skip that for now and just washed down the walls.

Mom and I drove up yesterday and brought her a little fridge, a table and two chairs and a rug for the reception area plus we purchased her a couple of beautiful potted plants.  All combined it made the front of the shop very welcoming.

All she has to do to complete her business application is to get the fire department to sign off on Tuesday morning and then she's good to go.  She's already got five appointments scheduled for Tuesday.  While we were up there people kept stopping by to see what was going on and were so happy and excited to see that my sister was coming back.  The majority of past clients didn't have anything complimentary to say about Sharone or the way she ran the business.  I have a feeling that that young lady is going to be in for a rude awakening when Crystal really gets up and running, because even without her shop cards with all her past clients information, I think they will find there way back to my sister.

Anyway sis, congratulations and good luck.

1 comment:

Larry said...

If there is anything I can help with POP POP is available.