Thursday, May 6, 2010

Date Night

Larry and I took a little time for ourselves last Friday and planned, and actually executed, a date night... I can't even tell you the last time we did this.  We dropped Joey off with Grammie and Pop Pop around 3:00 and lucky little guy that he is not only did he have his grandparents to play with, but his cousin Elsa too.  Knowing he was in capable hands allowed us to head out for some couple time without having to worry at all about his well being.

We drove into El Dorado Hills since that's where the Regal Cinema is and since I had pre-bought tickets at Costco for that theatre.  We decided to see How to Train your Dragon (which Larry and Joey had already seen but Larry said he wouldn't mind seeing it again).  Our show didn't start for over an hour, so we moseyed on over to the adjacent restaurants and decided to get a bite for dinner.  We chose this lovely little Mexican cantina that neither of us had been to before and actually got to sit out on the enclosed terrace.  It was really lovely.  I had fish tacos that reminded me of the ones we'd had in Mexico and Larry had the Tamales.  Neither of us could completely finish our plates the portions were so generous.

It was really nice to be able to just sit down and have a conversation with my husband without any interruptions for a change.  We got to talk about his school, what's been going on at his job, my plans for my two mom's group, Joey of course and just life in general.  It was a really sweet time.

Then we headed over to the movies and got to sit in the dark together, holding hands and watch the 3-D love story... I teased Larry afterwards that it was the perfect movie for us as it was animated and in 3-D for him and had a love story in the mix for me.  We both really liked it alot and might just have to add it to our movie collection.

After the movie we headed back home to pick up Joey and had an opportunity to hang out with his parents for a little while, which also was very nice.  When we got there Joey was all cuddled up on the couch with Grammie, under a lap comforter, reading together.  It was so sweet.  We are both so gratefull that Joey gets to have special time with all of his grandparents.  I know I still treasure the time I got to spend with my grandparents, especially Grandma Hill, and am happy to know that Joey will have those kinds of memories too.

All in all it was a very successful date night and I'm looking forward to the next one... I was smart enough to buy a few movie tickets (lol).

1 comment:

April J. said...

I always forget when we have date night that I don't need to inhale and try to remind myself to taste and chew since I don't have to hurry before the kids loose it! Date nights are such an easily neglected must. Good for you for taking advantage of the opportunity!