Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I had such a lovely Mother's Day yesterday.  It started out with Joey crawling in bed with us to cuddle... love that, then Larry got up to cook sausages and bacon to take to brunch at his sister's house.  All of his family was there and it was a mini feast.  We had belgian waffles with nuts, three kinds of berries and fresh whipped cream.  Mary had made this wonderful frittata that was really delicious, plus muffins, cinnamon rolls and mimosa's.  I got lots of cards, flowers and a belgian waffler maker like they use in the restaurants.

Then we came back home and Larry got cooking for our own family BBQ.  He made ribs, and tri tips, grilled asparagus and corn on the cobb.  Crystal brought homeade potato salad and a fabulous ice box lemon cake that was probably the best lemon cake I have ever tasted.  We just hung out, cooking and chatting and despite the occasional rain had a really nice time.

I must admit I wasn't the best host as I snuck out of my own party to try to catch a cat nap for an hour.  When I got up Crystal and Larry had cleaned up all the mess and I was left with a clean kitchen and dining area, as well as the rest of the house being tidy as Larry had picked it all up the night before.

I ended the day babysitting for my good friend JoAnna so she and her hubby could go out to dinner and catch a musical performance.  I had the best time hanging with her three boys, ages 8, 5 and 4.  We watched a movie, and had gun fights... three against one and I got the gun that didn't have any bullets but it was still a lot of fun.

All in all it was a really nice day and I enjoyed spending the time with all my family.  I appreciated how Larry took charge and I didn't have to do practically anything... it was a really nice gift.

No comments: