Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cakes, Cakes everywhere

Well Crystal and I just finished the last class of the four week cake decorating course we were taking.  We learned basic icing techniques, how to space plan your design and how to make roses.  It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work to.  I finished two cakes during the course - my first being a rainbow cake and the second a rose cake.  I missed out on one of the cakes, a clown design, because my fibromyalgia was acting up so bad that I had to miss class.  According to Crystal I didn't miss much (lol).

Anyway here are photo's of my two finished cakes.  I say finished because I had to have them finished for class, but I also made several practice cakes at home.  Larry became a favorite at work because his coworkers got to eat all of my efforts, both for class and the ones I made just for the fun of it.

1 comment:

April J. said...

Your cakes are beautiful! I agree you didn't miss much with the clown cake. WE got a week reprieve for Thanksgiving so my last cake is tomorrow night. We will see how it goes. It won't compare to the beauty you and your sister created!