Monday, December 14, 2009

Off to the Reindeer Games

My mother-in-love Bonnie orchestrated a chili night at her house this past weekend complete with reindeer games.  We had childi with all the trimmings - sour cream, onions, cheese and let's not forget the pickles.  Yes I said pickles, and unless you've tried it you don't know what your missing.  Pickles really bring out all the different flavors of your chili - who knew.  Plus we had cornbread, homeade cookies, pies, and egg nog cream puffs.  All of it was scrumptious.

After we had thoroughly stuffed our selves we played reindeer games.  We placed one game where you were an elephant mask and had to pick up rings using only your trunks.  Joey, Elsa and Larry particularly enjoyed this game.  I can only imagine what the photo's look like (lol).  Then we played the reindeer game where each of two teams gets a pair of pantyhose and some balloons and your task is to blow up the balloons, stuff the pantyhose to make anterles, then once complete one player on your team (yes that would be me) had to put the stuffed pantyhose on their heads and sing Jingle Bells all the way through.  My team was the winning team of course and I even through in a little dance while I sang.  It was just to much fun.

For a day that started off bad for me, almost where I didn't even go, but didn't want to miss out on the family fun and that was before I knew there would be games, and yet it ended on such a high note.  Thanks mom for organizing this fun get together, Larry, Joe and I totally enjoyed ourselves and the company of family and friends.

No comments: