Saturday, January 16, 2010

Daddy's Boy

Joe sure is his Daddy's boy.  It makes my heart happy when he always wants to help his Daddy with whatever he's doing.  Just this morning Larry was loading up a motorcycle to take over to his Dad's and Joey had to be right in the mix.  He lifted and carried one of the ramps to the truck and helped Daddy put it in.  Then he rooted him on as he rolled the motorcycle up and into the back of the pickup.  They really are two peas in a pod. 

I can just imagine in the years to come the projects they'll do together from building birdhouses, to boyscouts, to restoring old cars and motorcycles.  Makes me a little jealous, but at the same time like I said earlier it makes my heart happy... and I know that Joe and I will have our special moments too from hanging out in nature and camping, to getting his first dog, learning to cook and do laundry - you know the things a wife will really appreciate down the road (lol), to just having fun together.

For now though it's all about boys and their toys.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Joe was a joy today. When Larry and Joe went with our little walk, it was a wonder to see him appreciate the rocks and trees and the river and the lake. You have done well.