Monday, January 4, 2010

The nasty cold bug has got us in it's clutches

Yep, we're still stick.  Joey came down with it the Monday after Christmas, and Larry and I both caught it from him within the next few days.  Larry had taken the week off basically so we could have a staycation - hit the snow, visit with friends, head to the seashore, but all that planning was for naught since this cold nocked us on our fannies.  We've been plagued with fevers, coughs, sneezing, congestions, loss of appetite, and low energy.  No fun at all.

Joey has started to rebound over the last couple of days and has his energy and appetite back.  He hasn't had any fevers for three days or more but still has the occasional coughing fit and congestion in his nose.

Larry is slowly starting to gather energy and has been a real blessing handling Joey while I rested.  I don't know what I would have done without him this past week.  He had really bad fevers the last couple of days but they finally broke through last night.

I haven't had the fevers as bad as the guys, but everything else has hit me hard and as a result my fibromyalgia has been flaring up too.  It even hurts just to bend my arm or to lay on my side.

I'll be glad when were all back to normal and can resume our lives.  Luckily mom was not touched by the bug and has been a great help to me with Joey as well, and chores around the house.  She has one hearty constitution because whenever we get sick she seems to skate free of whatever we manage to bring home no matter how hard we are hit with it.

No comments: