Monday, July 27, 2009

Fleas be gone

Well I'm doing phase two of the fogging today while Joey is at daycare. We pretty much zapped them with my massive bombing two weeks ago, but now I need to reapply to ensure no nasty hidden eggs have a chance to hatch. I am so thrilled to have them all gone. Especially since our menagerie seems to keep growing.

We had Bubba, Princess, and Sasha. Princess we had to put in rescue care to be placed in a childless home because she was to snappy with Joey. Crystal's dog Nick chased Sasha once to many when they were visiting one day and I haven't seen her since. Larry says the coyotes probably got her. I prefer to believe that she's living with some little old lady down the street from us who was smart enough to make her an indoor cat 100% of the time hence the reason we never see her hanging around.

So then we adopt "Sunset", which is a stupid name for a cat in my opinion but as she's not a kitten I don't feel right changing her name so I just call her kitty or cat. This is the culprit that brought the fleas into our home. Bad cat, BAD! Then the weekend we were fogging my sister asks me if I know of anyone looking for a cat because her boss has been unable to place her 9-year old cat and is left with no option but to take her to the pound. Sucker that I am I pipe up with, "I'll take her" and so now we have Callie. She looks like Sunset only she's a short hair and the line down her face separating the black/grey from the orange is very distinct. I love them both so much and they couldn't be more different. It took sunset 3-months to adjust and come out of our room. Callie acted like she owned the joint from the first day. Plus she things she is a dog - growling at Sunset when she gets to close to me and knocks on doors with her paws when she wants into a room.

So let's see, we're now back up to three - Bubba, Sunset and Callie. Then Larry, Mom and Joe come home from running errands and he tells me he's found the perfect dog for us - a 14 month old Chihuahua and dachshund mix. He's a rescue from an abused home, as sweet as can be, etc., etc., etc. I talk to the lady get the particulars - housebroken, very basic commands, neutered, fully up on shots, a little underweight, very friendly with dogs, cats, and kids. Joey already fell in love with him. I told the lady to give me a couple days to consider it and then I'd let her know one way or the other if were interested and make an appointment to see the dog. So who knows, we might be adding one more to our family home.

No comments: