Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Baby is becoming so INDEPENDENT!


I took Joey to daycare yesterday and usually there is a few tears when I drop him off, although the time frame for these emotional outbursts has been getting shorter and shorter over the past couple of months. Well yesterday I went in for a couple of minutes to talk to JoAnna and pay her for the next couple of weeks and as I went to leave I kissed Joey and said "See ya later baby" just like I always do but this time he just turned and smiled at me and said "Bye bye" and then ran off to play with the other boys. He didn't even stick around long enough to see me go through the door. It made me so proud and at the same time broke my heart as I realized that he isn't going to be my 'baby' for much longer.


When I picked him up at 1:00 he was worn out but happy to see me. We had a play date at a park that has a water feature and I wasn't sure how well he'd hold up being ready for a nap and all, but he did great. We played with his friend Sandr for a little over an hour then put on our dry clothes and headed over for a frozen yogurt.

Daddy had met us at the park about 15 minutes before we were to leave and of course Joey had to be just like his "Dah Dah" and ride the big "bikeeey". Like father, like son. Doesn't he just look adorable.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I can't believe how well he is doing. I am happy for you. I also understand completely how you feel about how fast he is growing up. To answer your question, yes!!!!, he is absolutely adorable!!