Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Hubby is a Rock Star

We've been having TV woes the past few months. We bought a huge, old 50+ inch flat screen TV from one of Larry's co-workers who was upgrading to a newer model and after just a few months it went kaput. My in-laws being the sweet, generous folks that they are lent us their 42 inch flat screen out of their bedroom to use until we could afford to buy one of our own. It worked really great, although it generates a tremendous amount of heat and every once in a while would just shut off for no real reason.

Well wouldn't you know it when we were going through our hospital stay with Joey and Crystal was hanging out at our place to keep mom company, it went off for good. Larry being the techno nerd got online when he got home, researched it and determined that it was probably the power board. So he found the most inexpensive one he could find, $150 and ordered it. You'd have thought he was going to die of TV deprivation, having to suffer with a 13 inch screen, while we waited for the part to arrive.

Finally after about a week it got here and as soon as it hit our doorstep, Larry was disassembling the TV and trying to breathe life back into it. Although he'd never done this type of operation before, my hubby is a rock star because within a half hour he had it hooked back up and as good as new.

For all the teasing I do about him being a geek, it sure comes in handy some times. I love you baby.

1 comment:

Larry - Lurch - Monson said...

yep! Yep! YEP! I brought back from the dead my tv.

Hear me cry "ITS ALIVE! ITS ALIVE"