Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family is so much fun

Today we invited my sister Crystal and Larry's brother Chuck and his wife Kelli over for a Sunday supper at 1:00. It was such a nice time - we ate, then they swam. Gracie came with Crystal so Joey had a buddy to play with. It wasn't too terribly hot outside so it was actually pleasant just sitting around the pool chatting with everyone. Sometimes it's nice to just have a couple of folks over instead of the whole gang because then it becomes a more intimate visit and I can really catch up with them on all that's been happening in their lives.

Larry was really happy too because 1) he got good food to eat and 2) he finally had someone besides Joey to play with in the pool. I like to get in once in a while but only if the pool is 85 or so, and even then I'm not one to rough house around like he likes to play. So today was a little slice of heaven for him.

I think mom really enjoyed having them all over too. Kelli and Chuck have become some of her favorite people and we haven't seen them in quite some time, so it was a really nice visit.

I love having such awesome folks in my family. I truly am blessed.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Hey sister!!
Thanks so much for having us and for such a truly wonderful meal. I had a great time and so did Gracie. She said on the way home that she couldn't wait to come back for another visit. Just for the record, tell my lovely bro in law that I had so much fun in the pool with him too!! I love you all very much!!