Monday, August 10, 2009

Auntie Crystal's Adventures


Well my lovely sister called the other night to see if she could have Joey on Sunday. I said yes before she'd fully formed her question (lol). She was going to have Gracie as well and they had all been invited to a picnic her girlfriend group was having.

Larry met her half way and transferred our car seat into their car and then they were off and he headed home. This was a little after 10:00 AM. So at 2:00 PM I call, just to check in, I'm not paranoid or anything, just want to make sure every one's still enjoying themselves. She informs me that there on their way to our house. Oh. Ohhhh. Problems?, I ask. Mix up about locations, a lot of in and out of the cars, too hot outside, both kids heading for meltdown. She just thought it would be easier if they headed home, maybe swim.

So they get back to my house and Grace looks so cute with her little face painted. Both kids are a little flat but once they sit in the air conditioned house for a few moments they begin to gain some momentum once again.

Larry cons Jeff into helping him finish clearing up the garage so I tell Crystal they might as well go swimming. She agrees and her and Gracie get in their suits and Mom too. I have put Joey down for a cat nap as he's begun the tantrum phase of his day. Perhaps in 30 minutes he'll be in a better mood and can join them in the pool.


I, still feeling lousy, prefer to stay within the air conditioned abode. Once I hear Joe begin to mellow out I go in and ask if he'd like to swim. YES!!! I get him ready and take him outside and put him in the pool beside Grandma. Crystal and Gracie are no longer in the pool because Grace has been overtaken by nausea, poor thing. We couldn't even get her to keep water down. That ended the swimming for her. Crystal got her cleaned up, I got extra shirts for her ride home just in case and a bowl, and off they went up the hill to Gracie's other Grandmother's house.

Joey stayed in the pool kicking it with Grandma and then Daddy joined in the fun.

Can't say it was a fun day. Larry and I got quite a bit of organizing done but not much else. I just didn't have any energy. Joey seemed to enjoy his outing with his Auntie and Uncle and Cousin. I wish the day had ended on a happier note for Grace. Luckily by next day the reports were that she had recovered well and was over the Nausea and even had a little energy. Yeah.

No comments: