Thursday, August 20, 2009

Go Fly a Kite


Joey had his first experience flying a kite this past Tuesday. My Cradles to Crayons playgroup had a get together at the park and kites were the theme. There ended up being 7 of us mom's and about a dozen kids ages 6 months to 4 years. They had a blast trying to get and keep their kites up.

The little guys that weren't quite up to running speed yet played with Joey's truck and his big ball, so they managed to have some fun to. We only lasted about 30 minutes flying kites and then headed over to the playground and water feature. It was a pretty warm day so I for one was grateful for the water feature so that I could cool off some.


Unfortunately for all the fun we had, Joe and I managed to pick up a bug somewhere and bring it home to daddy, so now all three of us have been pretty sick for the last couple of days. No fun at all. Thankfully mom has managed to stay clear of it, though I don't know how she's managed it.



As for the kites, we will definitely be doing it again in the future. It's a pretty cheap day since you can get a 2-pack of kites for the kids, with string at the Dollar Tree store. When Joe and I left the park after two hours, I left his kite with one of the other boys, Matty, to play with. His mom reported afterwards that he had as much fun as Joey flying it.

No comments: