Saturday, August 22, 2009

Short Ribs, Baked Beans, Salad - what more could you ask for

Oh yeah I know, some Dirty Blonde Bombshell beer brewed by my creative and talented husband Larry, and a taste or two of his Kiss of Blackberry meed - YUMMY.

We were joined for dinner by Chuck and Kelli, and Grammy and Pop Pop. Everyone contributed something from salad, to bread, to chocolate cake that is worth dying for, at least in my opinion. It was all very delicious and everyone went home with very full tummy's and leftovers to boot. We even sent some food love home to Uncle Brian who couldn't come tonight because none of us wanted to take a chance of passing this lousy cold/flu thing we've had for the past week on to him, especially right before he's about to have another round of treatment.

As for Erik, Mary, and Elsa... well they missed out. The food was awesome, the company stupendous, and all in all it was a very laid back dinner with nothing but relaxation to follow. Not bad for an impromptu gathering.

When the last guest left my kitchen looked fairly decent with only a scattering of glasses left to be washed, the rest had magically disappeared as a result of the Good Fairy Kelli (yeah Kelli, I for one really appreciate all your efforts, and again your salad rocked - what can I say I'm biased cause I love you but also because you know how to throw one together that tastes delish and makes you want more.)

Anyway thank you one and all for journeying out our way and breaking bread with us. It was just what our souls needed. We love you.

No comments: