Sunday, April 19, 2009

Splish, splash we're having a blast


Crystal, Jeff and Gracie came for a visit today and it was so much fun. Joe and Grace just played and played and seemed to enjoy one another's company so much. They've had time together in the past but it usually was with a whole group of folks so their one-on-one time was really limited. Today they were the only two little ones and you could see them connect. It was such an amazing thing to watch.

We started them out in a dry baby pool with a lot of balls and toys and such but as they heat continued to rise we decided to fill it with water and let them have at it. And boy did they. Joe as you all know loves water, and Grace loves make believe so it was fun to watch how they each approached playing, alone and together. They are both such beautiful children and I feel really blessed to have them in my life.


Every time I look at Grace I see her daddy - the way she moves, her smile, and her toes. They are Kenneth's all over again. And when I look at Joe I see a mirror image of Larry - both when he was Joe's age as well as he is presently. I can't wait to see what these two incredible little human beings grow into as the years unfold.

No comments: