Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Goats, Sheep and Chickens ... Oh my


Joe and I went to a play date today through my Cradles 2 Crayons group and he had the best time. There were only four of us mom's there, with 4 toddlers and 2 babies ranging in age from 4 months to three years. It turned out to be the perfect size group for the kids to get "un-shy" around each other and actually interact with one another.

Abbey has miniature goats, a sheep, and half a dozen chickens that the kids got to pet, feed and observe. It was really fun for me watch Joe start out the farthest away from the goats/sheep and slowly get close enough to actually feed them from his hand. Our last goat experience was a little traumatic for him as the goats all rushed him and grabbed his cone of food out of his hand, scaring him in the process. Today was much more mellow and I think he liked it a lot.

Plus as Abbey lives in the country they literally had acres for the kids to run around on so they really got the chance to wear themselves out.

It was nice for me because I got to have grown up conversations and hear other viewpoints on potty training and discipline. Plus I actually woke up feeling pretty good today, my pain not so high, so that I could put my energy into joyful pursuits rather than just trying to manage my pain.

All in all it was a great outing for the two of us.

No comments: