Monday, April 13, 2009

Yes... she lives!!!

Seems like forever since I last entered the blogging zone. What can I say except this last cold/flu/allergie thing really kicked me in the butt, and then decided to kick me a little more. I'm finally starting to gain some ground (knock on wood) and feel like my normal self again.


Today we celebrated Easter with my in-laws, Bonnie and Larry Sr., Uncle Brian, Mary and little Elsa. And of course we were there - Mom, Me, Larry and little Joe. We had the traditional sprial cut ham, 23-Hour Fruit Salad (otherwise known as FLUFF), homemade scalloped potatoes (thanks mom they were delicious), and baked carrots. For dessert I'd bought these all natural chocolate cupcakes that looked like the had grass on top with eggs hidden in it. Really cute.

Elsa and Joe loved getting easter baskets from everyone and big chocolate bunnies for Uncle Chuck and Aunt Kelli. Now if Larry and I can just stay out of Joe's goodies, we'll be doing a good job.



It was fun to watch Joe and Elsa play and steal trinkets from one anothers baskets. Basically they had idential goodies, just in different colors. It was too funny.

Yesterday we went to the RMA Easter Egg Hunt and had a lot of fun. It was interesting to watch the kids techniques while gathering eggs. Elsa could really care less. Joe wanted to get them, but he had to pause and open up each one first before daddy could convince him to pick another one.




We also got to go into a small betting zoo where Joe got to pet and feed baby goats and a llama. We also got to pet bunnies, chickens, and little chickadees. It was fun. I had goats trying to climb up my back. Joe freaked out a little when they charged him to get his cone filled with pellet food (you know Joe - he thought they were giving him the treat to eat) and Larry was off to the side making out with the llama. All I want to know is if kissing a llama cause for concern because that llama had a thing for my husband and nuzzled him on the mouth and cheecks at least two or three times. Obviously she hadn't her that I don't take kindly to members of the female population hitting on my man (lol).


All in all it was a wonderful way to spend a relaxing weekend with those that we love.

No comments: