Thursday, June 25, 2009

Camera Woes

Well wouldn't you know it, Larry, Joe and I went to a water play date our the Cordova Community Pool at Hagen Park and even though I kept telling myself over and over to take the camera out of my pocket once inside and after we'd gotten our blanket and junk set up do you think I actually did it? NOOOOOOO.

Larry got Joe going in the water while I took a quick rest and then I decided to join them and the other ladies from my mommy playgroup. I jumped into the babies pool, only 2 1/2 feet deep and after a couple of minutes of getting adjusted to the temperature yelled "Oh NO". They all turned to look at me as I anxiously grabbed the camera out of my pocket to examine it.

Too late... the water was sloshing all around inside. I tried to find a silver lining to this occurrence but couldn't come up with a thing. I calmly laid it inside my shoes and then went back to playing with Joey in the water. A little later I noticed him running towards my shoes and yelled "No Joe. Leave them alone, not for babies" but it had little if any affect. He grabbed the camera and chucked it into the pool. If there had been any chance of rescuing the mechanisms after I dunked it, I'd say those last chances were now lost to me. I couldn't even get angry with him because I created this little chucker monster by playing catch with him at home in our pool and besides I'd already pretty much demolished the camera when I took my dunking.

So now the search for the perfect carry around camera will have to continue. I think this time I'll look for one that can withstand water up to at least 10ft.

No comments: