Thursday, June 11, 2009

Swim Lessons as easy as 123

Well Joe and I began his swim lesson session this week and let me tell you was that water ever cold. I thought I had read that the water would be at a constant 84 degrees, but unfortunately that was for a different program than the one I actually enrolled him in. The water temp, combined with our current cool weather has made for a not so good time, at least for me.


Joe was so excited to be at a pool that he could just wade on in to that he began his lesson 10 minutes earlier than everyone else. This came as no surprise to me since I know of his love of water, but the instructor and the life guard got a kick out of his eagerness since most of the students have to be coaxed to get them to go in past their knees.

We're supposed to go Monday thru Thursday for a 45 minute lesson, but I only managed to go on Monday and Wednesday this week as the cold water made me have a flare up with my Fibromyalgia. I don't think it's that big of a loss since the goal of the glass is to get the kids acclimated to being in water, learn to blow bubbles under the water, and how to float and kick their legs.

So far Joe is already acclimated to water and in fact I have a hard time keeping him out of it as most of you already know from my earlier posts. He can kick but only when he want to (lol), we're working on blowing bubbles although he'd much prefer just to drink the water and I'm hoping that next week the instructor will be able to instruct me on how to teach him the best technique for floating. My goal is to go at least two days next week, if not to all four days as scheduled. All depends on how this old body holds up to the cold.

Mom went with me on Wednesday and got to cheer Joe on which was nice. A lot of the grandparents attend just to watch the kiddo's have fun. Joe loved having her there with him.

No comments: