Friday, June 19, 2009

Swimming lessons down the drain

Well, Joe and I only ended up going to 2 out of 8 lessons. The water was absolutely freezing and I felt that they weren't really teaching him anything he didn't already know, so why torture myself. I have made it up to him by participating in a couple of water play dates that were awesome. Lots of little ones to play with, warmer water, and at one location all kinds of fun water features in the beach pool for them to explore.

One of the mom's in my mommy group has a contact that lives and teaches swimming right out here in Rancho Murieta and so I'm going to give her a call, see what she has to offer and what her rates are. She does a group session and/or one-on-one training. And she guarantees your little one will be swimming across the pool in just two weeks time. I'm all for that since Joe will not stay out of the water.

Just today Mom and I took him swimming in our back yard and after two and a half hours I was totally done in so I got him out, stripped him naked except for his water shoes and dried him off. Then I started to dry myself off and wouldn't you know it he says "jump" to me and I say "NO" and he goes right ahead and jumps in anyway and I had to go back in to get him out. He's such a little rascal, but so cute when he's being naughty that I have a hard time reprimanding him through my laughter. I can't fault him for his love of water because it's one of my favorite places to be too.

No comments: