Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy Day Celebrations

Well we just got home from having breakfast with my Father-in-Love and the rest of the Monson Clan. We went to the Sutter Creek Grill in Old Folsom and got there at 7:30 which turned out to be the perfect time since by the time we left there were people standing in line outside waiting to get in.

They make this wonderful french toast out of fresh baked cinnamon rolls with pecans and an icing glaze. It is so delicious that there are no words to describe it adequately. Let's just say it's yummy and will definately put you in sugar shock mode.

Joey and I got Larry some brewing materials so that he can make a mead and a beer batch for the upcoming No. California Home Brewers Festival in September. Plus I picked up a couple of tennis rackets and some balls so we can have an occasional love match (ha ha). Oh yeah and just to brag a little, Larry's graphics got chosen for this years festival and so his design will appear on the beer tasting glasses, shirts, and all flyers and correspondence. How cool is that - he is so talented and I am so proud of him for winning this honor. He's thrilled to be chosen as well, and he gets to go to the festival free of charge this year.

We got Larry's dad a pool cue so that they can have some father and son time together, and knock some balls around. Joey and his cousin Elsa made grandpa a shirt with their handprints on it. It turned out to cute. While we were at it, Elsa also made her Daddy a shirt and Joey made one for Larry. I think they all liked them well enough.

Larry got some wonderful cards and gifts from his family and I know they made him feel pretty special. I think he's pretty special too and a wonderful Daddy to Joe. And me, well I feel special too because I ended up getting the best Father-in-Love a girl could ask for.

No comments: