Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's a beautiful day in the.....


Today Larry, Joe and I spent the day with my Fabulous 40's Mommas group at a park in down town Sacramento on 6th street. It was so nice. The sun was shining, the temperature just about perfect and so many different play structures that Joe didn't know where to go to first. Usually we end up at parks that either cater to 5-year olds and above, or infants/toddlers only, so this was a great find since they literally had an area for babies that are just crawling, toddlers that are beginning to run and climb, little kids that can swing, jump, and balance, and even some fun things that you could make rock back and forth in mass, or swivel around with force if you're big enough.

The park is about a 35 minute drive from our house but I have a feeling its a trek we will make often now that we've discovered it. You can even fish at a fully stocked lake/pond there. How awesome is that. And the entire play area(s) are fenced in with gates that it pretty much takes an adult to get open.

We had a really nice picnic lunch of crackers, cheeses, a couple different meats, grapes and of course Girl Scout Cookies. I think Larry would have been just as happy with the cookies alone, although once I put our spread out, he dug right in. As did Joe. He may only be 16 months, but he has the appetite of a grown adult. I guess it's all the energy he burns going full throttle all day long.


I think this was one of my favorite family days of all time.

No comments: