Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentines abound everywhere!


Joe and I went to a valantines day party this week at one of members homes from my Cradles 2 Crayons group. It was so much fun. The kids decorated either a box or a bag to act as their valentine mailbox. They had so much fun doing it, and so did I.


We then broke out the heart shaped cupcakes I made for them to decorate. I ended up giving them 4 frosting colors to choose from - neon orange, neon green, hot pink, and a lovely shade of lavender. Then to top of their decorating experiences I had all kinds of colored sugars, heart and lip shaped candies, as well as dinasours and autos. The kids really seemed to enjoy decorating them, almost as much as they enjoyed eating them when they finished.


Then it was free time to play and boy did they. The ventured into the back yard which was set up great for kids. They had the swingset/fort combo with slide and a huge trampoline to jump on, as well as the small houses to play in. It was awesome.

Joe was a little afraid to jump on the trampoline when there were a bunch of kids in it so later on when it had cleared out, he and I climbed in and had our own jumping party. Just as Joe was finding his groove and gaining confidence, the other little ones came on up and soon Joe was huddled against my legs, looking for protection. Needless to say we didn't last much longer after that. On the bright side I was exhausted and so it was perfect timing for me to have to get out.

After all the fun and excitement calmed down. We cleaned up our craft projects and headed home. I think Joe was asleep before I pulled away from the curb to head home.

It was a lovely day and as an added bonus we came home with goodies - pencils, heart candies, pretzels dipped in chocolate , just to name a few. I'm slowly letting Joe taste them day by day depending on how good he's been. He's been very sweet thus far this week. Maybe I should give a prize every day (ha ha).

No comments: