Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life ... you just gotta love it.

Today, today I love my husband. He came home, saw I was still feeling under the weather and carted me off to bed for a much needed nap. And to top it off he made me tacos for dinner which I had been craving. It doesn't get much better that that in the hubby categorie. He even watched a "chick" flick with me - House Bunny, which was funny but I have to admit it really was a chick flick, but he was a good sport about it.

My mom.... she's aweswome. Not feeling the greatest today but still managed to get out of bed and accompany Joe and I to not one, but two doctors appointments today. She is such a big help to me in that way because she'll handle Joe while I take care of what needs to be taken care of and I don't have to worry about what Joe is getting in to and believe me given the chance he gets into everything - latex gloves that then have to become balloon faces with all facial features drawn in, the stirrups on the tables that are perfect for swinging on when you only weigh 28 lbs, and I don't even want to get into the things he can discover in the drawers of an exam room - let's just say it's laughable, really laughable.



My sister is so great. She took mom to Jackson Rancheria yesterday and they met up with her boss Michelle, and had their own little gambling party. They were gone from 11 to about 6 pm, and Crystal actually managed to come home with more money in her pockets that she arrived with so it was a good day all around for them their ladies. Plus with the wicked weather we've been having it was amazing that they made it back in one piece given the pitch black skys, rain and hail. So I was excited that they were excited to have won and had so much fun and to have made it home save and sound. You go ladies... one of these days I'll feel well enough to join in the fun and risk $20 at the pennie slots.

Joe made my day today, and grandma's too, because he literraly talked and sang the entire time he was in the car. Grandma sang "this old man" to him and I swear he may not get the words exactly right but he definately gets the rythym of the melody down pat and sings it right back to her. To me, he laughs, and laughs, doing all his silly noises and I try to emulate him - not such an easy job but one I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world. I just love my little man so much. We all do.

No comments: