Monday, February 2, 2009

SuperBowl Sushi



Superbowl sunday and we had a small crowd - Crystal, Jeff, Mom, Bonnie, Larry Sr., Mary, Eric and Elsa. We made sushi for the first time, or should I say Larry and Crystal made sushi. I just managed to make a mess. And Jeff, brave soul that he is, was our taste tester before everyone arrived.

(If our attempts had failed, I would have been placing an order with our local pizza place. But I had complete faith in Larry and Crystal's sushi making capabilities.)

They made beautiful maki rolls and sashimi. I fried up some already prepared vegetable dumplings and chicken potstickers. Bonnie was wise enough to bring over b-b-q chicken and potato salad for those not into raw fish - mainly mom and the babies. Plus she brought over a delicious assortment of cheesecake - YUMMY. Thank god for Bonnie as I hadn't even given dessert a second thought, or a first thought for that matter.

We just all kicked back, ate, played with the kids and of course watched the game on TV. It was a great way to spend a Sunday with family who also just happen to be great friends.

No comments: