Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sister-in-Love Rocks!

My sister-in-love Kelli is just the coolest.  We attempted to have a creative day together yesterday, but everything seemed to be going against us and we still had a good time.  We were going to do card stamping only the coordinator of the event didn't have any extra supplies and I tried to add Kelli in to the mix at the last minute, so we had to scratch that one of our list.  We then thought we'd go to a place called "Color Me Mine" to paint ceramics only once we started adding up the costs we were a definate NO.  $10 for the studio fee per person, $1 to fire your piece, and then the cost of your piece which started at $12 and went up to $60 for a big ol' piggy bank.  That's just ridiculous if you ask me, or Kelli.  So we headed over to the Bead Shop hoping to get into a class and got there right as they ended for the day.  It seemed creativity was not to be ours on this day.

We decided to get a bit and had lunch at Rubio's.  Kelli had never been but I think I have made her into a convert.  We both had tacos - she had carniasatas and I had surf and turf.  Both were delicious.  We then went on the serch for a crimp iron for her hair.  We found straighteners of every kind but no crimps.

I took her on a little tour of down town Ranch Cordova, we checked out some new homes, and ended with a yummy treat at Yogurtville.  And all the while we talked and laughed and just had a relaxing time of it all.

We ended the day at Wal-Mart, both buying a $3.84 ceramic picture frame of sea life that came with five little paint colors.  We're going to do them on our own and then compare, and at last we'll get to be creative.

Kelli thanks for spending the day with me.  I really enjoyed our girl time.

No comments: