Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Prep

Well I cooked an extra turkey last night, and threw another in the oven at the crack of dawn this morning.  Got my yams all prepared, the carrots ready for baking, a gazillion potatoes peeled then Larry took them down to his sister Mary's with instructions of what was to go in the oven at what time since we're having to borrow her oven as well since ours only accomodates the turkey and nothing else.  Larry was a champ cutting all the potatoes and carrots for me, and mom helped by keeping on top of the dirty dishes for me.

Then when Crystal showed up we got the appetizers going and out - just simple faire, a little hummus, crackers and cheese and a veggie tray, plus the cheese ball and crackers that Crystal brought.  Then Crystal whipped up a little fruit fluff salad so that my borther-in-law Chuck wouldn't be heartbroken.  It's not the 24-hour fruit salad I usually make and that he loves, but I'm sure that he'll love this too.

Larry carved my birds and did an awesome job so all I have left to do is take the spiral ham out of the oven and throw together my green salad.  Then we can lay out the spread and let everyone dig in at 1:00.  I think it's going to be an awesome Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

It was a delicious dinner and Jeff and I thank you guys for including us in the festivities!!