Sunday, September 20, 2009

Aye Aye Matey


Friday I hosted a Pirates Booty Treasure Hunt play date with my Cradles to Crayons Group at Hagen Park. I had buried gold coins for the kids to dig up and had a small treasure chest with all sorts of prizes from the dollar store for the kids to pick from.


They absolutely loved it and had a blast finding the coins in the sand pit and running to get a prize. I'd also picked up spy scopes for each of them and they had fun searching for "bad" pirates. Joe and I were the only ones who wore "pirate" attire - head scarfs, eye patches, etc. but we didn't care... we loved being real pirates.


We also had original art in the manner of chalk drawings and bubbles galore with the big wands... also available at the dollar store. Gotta love those Dollar Trees.


It was a super hot day, but we still managed to have a blast. As usual I overdid it and so Saturday was a down day for me. Even though I could barely move in the morning, it was so worth it to see Joey have so much fun with his friends.

I feel so blessed to have these ladies and their kiddo's in my life.

No comments: