Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off the Home Brew Festival Larry goes

Yep you read right. Larry is going to the No. CA Home Brew Festival this weekend, from Friday through Sunday and then he'll be taking Monday off to finish recovering from all his fun activities. This year he gets to go for free since his graphic was chosen for this year's logo - a pretty big honor. Me, you ask, am I going? NO! Beer is just not my cup of tea... you see I'd rather have a cup of tea. And I've found it's not a lot of fun to be around a huge group of folks when they're all drinking and you're the only sane one in the group. So I send him with my blessing and hope he has a fun, and safe, weekend.

His brother Chuck and wife Kelli are going as well as a couple of friends. I'll be babysitting their two dogs while they're gone - Soc and Leia. Two really sweet girls that Joey really loves, so I imagine will have a high energy weekend around here with three dogs and two cats running around being chased by Joe.

Larry really loves the camaraderie of this weekend and it's his special "boys" weekend, though each year he tries to convince me to go with him. Perhaps I'll give it a go one of these years, when Joe's a little older. It's held in Dobbins on Lake Francis and is supposed to be just a beautiful location. We only made it camping once this year and I'm bummed about that as I'd hoped to go several times this summer and now it's starting to get to cold in the evenings to be sleeping outside. I think next year I'll mark it on the calendar in January, so then we'll be sure to go.

Anyway, I hope the weekend goes well for him, that he comes away from it safe and with some new brewing ideas for his own homemade beer and mead. I'll miss ya while your gone honey, but just think... I won't have to wear earplugs to sleep while your away (lol). Love you baby.

No comments: