Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Med's got me all wound up

My doctor added yet another drug to my repertoire and it's supposed to help with my depression, and hopefully allow me to sleep better. Does it... no. Since I've been on it I haven't had what passes for normal for me (4 hours of sleep) in days. It seems I'm one of the rare ones that instead of making me drowsy it's giving me insomnia. I'm going to give it a couple more nights as sometimes it takes about 10 days for my body to adjust to a new medication, but if it doesn't resolve itself by then, I'll have to try taking it in the morning instead of in the evening.

Since it's considered a narcotic I really would prefer to take it at night since I'm already on two hard core med's during the day, but if I don't have a choice then I don't have a choice. You just can't function if you don't get any decent rest.

I wish I could just snap my fingers, wave a magic wand... just something to make this pain, depression and insomnia disappear forever. No fun I tell ya, it's just no fun at all.

No comments: