Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A new sibling - Karen

Well I just got contacted by my half sister, Karen, that I only learned existed in the past year or so. She's a few years older than Crystal and I, but not much. I'm not sure how to respond as she learned of us through my dad, and as most of you know I don't have a relationship with him. It was hard enough to get my sister Crystal to accept that to me he is just a sperm donor and I don't know if I'm up to going through that again with another "sister". Though a part of me is excited at the concept of expanding my family to include another sister. I always wished I'd had lots of siblings when I was growing up and that feeling still hasn't changed.

Crystal has communicated with her via e-mail and a short telephone call and has passed along to me that she seems super nice, has two pooches that are her babies and just got out of a long-term relationship. Sounds normal enough.

I just don't even know how to start a communication back to her. Maybe I should just send her a link to this blog and then she'll know what all is on my mind though that would be sort of copping out. I guess I shouldn't hold the sins of the father against the daughter, especially when he didn't even raise her either.

I guess this is actually a good dilemma to have, because you can never have too many people in your life to care for and hopefully have care for you back.

Keep ya all posted on the outcome.

No comments: