Friday, September 25, 2009

Up to no Good!

So I go into my bedroom to use the ladies room and when I come out, Joey's sitting on the floor in the hallway laying up against Bubba. As soon as he see's me he jumps up, says "Uh oh" and grabs his behind and runs. I think... he's been up to no good, but I decide to let it go and discover it when I discover it. I get my cup of tea, sit on the couch and try to find something on that we'll both like. He keeps his distance and just watches me. After a couple of minutes he disappears into the kitchen and comes back in to me with the bear honey container, minus a lid and says again "Uh oh" and "I made a mess". I look at him more closely and sure enough, there is honey on his shirt and in his hair. I try not to laugh as he's being so serious. I say to him, "show mommy" and we venture into the kitchen. On the table I'd been utilizing while I reorganize my pantry is the 'mess'. 3/4 of the jar of honey are spilled all over it, and around the bottom of the items that I hadn't yet put back in to the pantry, and next to this is a wad of paper towels. My little guy actually tried to clean up his mess all by himself. I'm so proud. I quickly sponge up the mess, strip him of his clothes and throw him in the tub for a quick washing.

When were done, and he's smelling all clean and fresh I walk back into the kitchen to reheat my tea. As I do though, I go through our family room instead of the living room and notice my feet keep sticking to the floor - the carpeted floor. He apparently had brought the honey in here, spilling it a little here and a little there, in his effort to share the good stuff with our new bunny Peter. Peter too has evidence on him as he has 2-3 spots that are all sticky.

Lesson learned... always take him in the potty with me!

No comments: