Sunday, September 27, 2009

Me, Myself, and I

If Larry was doing service to others yesterday, I was only doing service to myself. It was a bad day yesterday, and apparently is going to go in to today as well. On a pain level of 1-10, I'd say I'm at a 13. It's ridiculous. All I did yesterday was hang out with a girlfriend so that Joey and her son Sandr could have some fun together. Literally we sat and talked for a little over 2 hours, I came home and fed Joe lunch, and then thank goodness Larry arrived on the scene and I could go lay down. Which is exactly what I did for the next several hours.

Larry made dinner - Cheesy Enchilada Hamburger Helper only he made his with tri tip streak strips and of course extra gooey cheese thrown in for good measure. It was delicious - we all loved it, only I couldn't manage to keep mine down. My pain was at such an all time high that it was revolting at doing anything that required any effort, including eating. Let me tell you it's not much fun.

I've been off and on all night with my attempts at sleep. Poor Larry is not having a very restful night's sleep either since when I am in there I'm trying to cuddle with him, or tossing and turning, messing up the blankets... I think you get the picture. Then I just feel excessively in pain, and as quietly as possible get up, move around, try to take my own focus away from the pain, and I must admit I'm having a hard time doing this tonight. Even my breath work isn't working for me tonight.

Oh well, I guess this is my life, and that it's going to continue to be my life, and so it makes sense to treasure each and every moment that makes itself a part of this thing I call life and to draw close to my husband and son, and the remainder of my family and friends, to absorb as much of the good stuff as possible with each and every one of them.

No comments: