Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sleep eludes me... again

Poor Larry.  He's been trying to get a nice night's sleep and I've pretty much made that all but impossible with my tossing and turning, snapping at him not to touch me, and getting in and out of bed every 20 minutes.  I took an Ambien tonight at 7:30, was out before I knew it, and wide awake at 10:00.  From that point on I haven't been able to regain my sleeping momentum.  Unfortunately this is my story almost every night and I have to say literally, and figuratively, I'm getting tired of it.  This is not a pattern that I can live with.  The less sleep I get, the less patience I seem to have for everything and everyone.  It turns me into someone that I don't want to be and I don't know how to fix that except to get more rest which is all but impossible.

I guess I'm going to have to see my doctor yet again to discuss my pain levels, newest drugs available, something, anything that will possible help me out with this situation.  God I'm beginning to really detest doctors, and medications, and tests that really tell you nothing.

Okay that's enough of a rant.  I'm going to try once again to reclaim sleep.  Wish me luck.

No comments: