Monday, October 26, 2009

Tahhhhhhhoe!


Larry and I headed off to Tahoe this past weekend to the Foam Fest at the Biltmore Tahoe.  Larry was filling in for his buddy Paul and pouring brew for Alaskan Brewery.  It was a fundraiser, in it's 3rd year, to raise capital for handicap parks and activities.  They had quite the crowd there and Larry was the hit of the brewer's participants, if I do say so myself.  He poured his little heart out, dancing practically the whole time behind his vendor table.  He is so engaging with the folks, talking brewing from ingrediants to what goes best with which foods.  It was a joy to stand back and watch him work his magic without him knowing I was even in the room.

I did help, for brief spurts of time... no more than 20 minutes a visit.  I poured a little, learned that the beer bottle can not touch the guests glass in any way as it's against the food/bev code.  Who knew?  Not I.  And I opened bottles so Larry could keep pouring, but for the most part I just danced a little with Larry and made sure he didn't need a break.  It was fun.


The next day Larry and I spent some time taking photo's around the lake and on the drive back home.  It was so beautiful... a crisp, clear fall day.  The leaves on the trees along Hwy. 89 were just spectacular.  I miss living amongs the trees.  One day we'll retire and hopefully it will be to a home surrounded by pines, and populars, birch and aspens.  We couldn't get over how fibrant the yellow and orange hues were.

We ate junk food coming and going on our journey and had a great time just talking with each other, and laughing.  Thankfully we didn't have to worry about Joe because Larry's parents watched him for us Saturday morning and then Crystal watched him for the remainder of the weekend until we got home. 


Apparently he was a perfect little angel.  Why is it that are children always act better for others and throw the terrible 2 tantrums when we're home with them... that's all I want to know.  He gave us kisses when we got home, but we also got some of his recently aquired shrieks to go along with the kisses.  Crystal said that was the first time she'd heard him screech all weekend.  I'm glad that they had such a nice time together.  He sure had fun playing with the new Sand/Water Table that his aunts and uncles got him for his birthday.

All in all it was a really relaxing weekend.

No comments: